Technical Production Intern
LTH JKT HQ – Venice, CA
Date Posted: 9/17/18
- Flexible Schedule
- 10-20 hours Weekly
- 3 Months
- School Credit
- Product Stipend
The Production/ Technical Intern will work closely with our Production Manager on projects and tasks related to running the behind the scenes of Production. He/She will assist, as directed, in tasks included but not limited to building tech packs, creating technical flats, quality control, running errands for production etc. The intern will experience the steps taken to ensure company quality standards are met and maintained. While also learning about the steps to producing a garment with factories overseas, leading up to the delivery of the product for wholesale, e-commerce and consignment sales.
He/she will also be able to work across departments including, Operations and Sales to gain knowledge in these other areas and how they relate to Production. This position also has the possibility of placement post-program into roles focusing on career development.
- Basic knowledge of pattern making
- Basic understanding of technical garment specification development and technical fit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to work independently, as well as, take direction
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)
- Google Suite (Sheets, Doc, and Slides)
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator required
- Drivers License and Car available for trips to retail stores and warehouses
Additional Skills ( a plus but not required):
- Knowledge of leather qualities and gauge
- Knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, sewing techniques and trims
- Technical knowledge of leather construction
- In Design
To Apply for an Internship Position:
- Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with, “Technical Production Internship” in the subject line.
- Tell us a little about yourself, and why you are interested in a Technical Production Internship.
- Submit your resume as a PDF document